1994-10-06 - Re: NYT Libertarian News

Header Data

From: ozymandias G desiderata <ogd@selway.umt.edu>
To: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Message Hash: 77d8da7496f685b94507b3c45484cd308531da8eecf6d0adcfc2f99b9353e36f
Message ID: <9410060027.AA17261@selway.umt.edu>
Reply To: <199410051416.KAA11094@pipe3.pipeline.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-10-06 00:27:52 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 5 Oct 94 17:27:52 PDT

Raw message

From: ozymandias G desiderata <ogd@selway.umt.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 94 17:27:52 PDT
To: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Subject: Re: NYT Libertarian News

	Speaking as someone who's been forced to experience far too
much of Bo, _I'd_ ridicule Bo Gritz if I were on the NYT editorial
staff. If you ever get a chance to see him speak live, do it. He's
definitely the Real Deal. Conspiracy theories, thinly veiled racism,
violence poking from everywhere -- why is this kind of personality so
attracted to Idaho?
	I wouldn't even refer to him as a libertarian. He's very much
into family values / universal military training / trade protection
for United States industries. He falls very close, ideologically,
alongside the state "militias" out in this part of the country. Those
groups also profess libertarianism while also advocating extremely
draconian Christian social programs.

"I LOVE TO SUBMIT TO MY HUSBAND" -- Button seen on a local
proselytizer's wife
ozymandias G desiderata

Thread