1994-10-05 - NATIONAL CRYPTOGRAPHY POLICY

Header Data

From: fhalper@pilot.njin.net (Frederic Halper)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8366fc770bc86b8d46e063ea814b684d77e0a6a8227eeeb6e7a163057ea2c6b0
Message ID: <9410051959.AA28554@pilot.njin.net>
Raw Date: Wed, 5 Oct 94 12:59:44 PDT

Raw message

From: fhalper@pilot.njin.net (Frederic Halper)
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 94 12:59:44 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: NATIONAL CRYPTOGRAPHY POLICY

I saw this in Edupage, thought I'd pass it along.
Reuben

NATIONAL CRYPTOGRAPHY POLICY
The National Research Council is conducting a comprehensive study of
national cryptography policy, including such topics as: the availability of
cryptography technology to foreign and domestic parties; the
competitiveness of U.S. manufacturers and users of such technology; U.S.
national security and law enforcement interests; relative merits of various
cryptographic technologies; demand for information systems security based
on cryptography; the impact of foreign restrictions; the extent to which
current  policy is adequate for protecting U.S. interests; relative merits
of current key escrow implementation schemes; feasible policy options; and
recommendations for the process through which all interests are balanced in
the formulation of national cryptography policy. Send comments and other
correspondence to crypto@nas.edu. (NRC Release)

Thread