1994-10-01 - FWD: Safe-Tcl meets PGP!!!!

Header Data

From: nobody@shell.portal.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c798463c2ef7eae6414b0589da0ffec216cd629aeb0c9e73ebebb34dacb314ad
Message ID: <199410012214.PAA14345@jobe.shell.portal.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 1 Oct 94 15:15:20 PDT

Raw message

From: nobody@shell.portal.com
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 94 15:15:20 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: FWD: Safe-Tcl meets PGP!!!!

This is from the Safe-Tcl list, which discusses a variant on tcl which
provides a "safe" subset of capabilities appropriate for letting incoming
mail bring in programs which can run autonomously on your computer.  I
mentioned this a few weeks ago and I've been on the list, although I haven't
looked at it in much detail.   Nathaniel Borenstein is very active in
the email community so this may turn out to be an influential technology.
He is using PGP to authenticate incoming messages and grant them more
privileges as appropriate:

Thread