1994-10-06 - Re: Government vs. Markets

Header Data

From: Amanda Walker <amanda@intercon.com>
To: nelson@crynwr.com (Russell Nelson)
Message Hash: cdb01e104bc6e481d1ccafc7603c6268f3900d60dca3daf67b696adebeff8184
Message ID: <9410061235.AA14735@elfbook.intercon.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 6 Oct 94 09:35:35 PDT

Raw message

From: Amanda Walker <amanda@intercon.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 94 09:35:35 PDT
To: nelson@crynwr.com (Russell Nelson)
Subject: Re: Government vs. Markets

> A geographical monopoly with *guns*, and a mandate from the masses to
> use them.  I can't say that I've ever seen a Niagara-Mohawk or NYNEX
> tank.

The government does not have a monopoly on military force.  In fact, the 2nd
amendment explicitly prohibits such a monopoly, however much it has become
eroded in recent decades.

However, I will agree with you that a certain amount of corporate coercion
goes on with government collusion (not all, however: look at Westlaw or
Equifax for examples).

Amanda Walker
InterCon Systems Corporation

Thread