1994-10-07 - Re: the media and their libertarian, bleeding heart views

Header Data

From: Lewis McCarthy <lmccarth@ducie.cs.umass.edu>
Message Hash: ed576820c876ac9af31f0a3560d102f6176a2594dfe10e1fc701c7962c50b062
Message ID: <199410070125.VAA17674@ducie.cs.umass.edu>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9410061904.A21862-0100000@rigel>
UTC Datetime: 1994-10-07 01:25:22 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 6 Oct 94 18:25:22 PDT

Raw message

From: Lewis McCarthy <lmccarth@ducie.cs.umass.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 94 18:25:22 PDT
Subject: Re: the media and their libertarian, bleeding heart views

Dave Harvey writes:
> > $ Damn the media and their libertarian, bleeding heart views,
> > I've never heard a libertarian accused of being a bleeding heart before....
$ Would you call the media conservative? Not!

You would call libertarians non-conservative ?

> > $ Even animals have the right of self defence [...] including deadly force
> > Even against humans ?
$ That is the law of nature, in the end it reigns supreme.

Are humans natural things ?  I think so.

Are all acts of natural things themselves natural ?

If so, aren't all human actions natural, making the label tautological and
therefore worthless for judging the deeds of humanity ?

If not, how do you make the distinction between human actions which are
"natural" and actions which aren't ?  How do you decide which deeds are
part of "the law of nature" and which aren't ?

-L. McCarthy					Question Anarchy !  :)

Thread