1994-11-22 - CID

Header Data

From: merriman@metronet.com (David K. Merriman)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1ab7b6c398eff8dd76c067ac58575d440e0f85eaba874b49f682282a209244b4
Message ID: <199411222155.AA12357@metronet.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 22 Nov 94 13:55:03 PST

Raw message

From: merriman@metronet.com (David K. Merriman)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 94 13:55:03 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: CID

>>I've got the specs for a program to use with your modem to generate
>>what'll resemble a full CID.  So with the computer set up to dial, even
>>standard voice calls too and faxes, too, can be equipped with a fake
>>field (or "header" if you will), displaying a homemade caller ID.
>>
>>Since it uses the exact same structure as the real caller ID, no telco
>>along the entire system will ever doubt it.  I can send the full
>>specifications if you are seriously interested in doing the code in
>>full or in part.  Sorry, I can't implement it myself (lack of skills).

I, for one, would be *very much* interested in receiving the specs and any
additional information you could provide.

Dave Merriman (not _caring_ who you are, where you're from, etc :-)
Finger merriman@metronet.com for PGP public key and fingerprint.
PGP encrypted Email welcome and encouraged.
War is Peace.  Freedom is Slavery.   Ignorance is Strength.       No?

Thread