1994-11-30 - require digital sigs

Header Data

From: anonymous-remailer@shell.portal.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5e8d9f2284eb4fb522c8c639d2d90bea524485179f4851c3f89d4ad8a5234fcd
Message ID: <199411301930.LAA07172@jobe.shell.portal.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 30 Nov 94 11:30:41 PST

Raw message

From: anonymous-remailer@shell.portal.com
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 94 11:30:41 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: require digital sigs

Rather than engage in an extended debate (which is interesting I grant,
but seems to be disintegrating into an agree/disagree impasse) I say just
run the experiment and see the effects.

Requiring digital signatures will artificially create the need for better
crypto tools to make the whole process more convenient.  This should spur
progress.  Another effect - lower list participatio:; fewer posts
(crossposts from other lists, tv show reviews, personal mail sent to the
list, Chomsky arguments, etc.)

Thread