1994-11-21 - Re: usenet-to-mail

Header Data

From: merriman@metronet.com (David K. Merriman)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 63dfaffff6dafa79fb84f18fe7ac16b30dee3add4bb4343cac5685c2dc8dfc6f
Message ID: <199411210211.AA19685@metronet.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 20 Nov 94 18:11:28 PST

Raw message

From: merriman@metronet.com (David K. Merriman)
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 94 18:11:28 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: usenet-to-mail

>I'm better off if I keep taking classes, anyway.  Don't know about the
>rest of the folks on this list, but I don't feel like what I know about
>computers today will carry me through retirement.

Hmmmmph.

If you're gonna stay in school until you know enough about computers to
carry you through retirement, you're gonna be there a *long* time. Best you
can hope for is to be current when you get out, and keep up with it (or at
least, not lose _too_ much ground each year as things evolve_.

Dave Merriman - who remembers stuff like "64K? *64K*?! I don't know what I'd
_do_ with 64K!" and when only the filthy rich had hard drives.
Finger merriman@metronet.com for PGP public key and fingerprint.
PGP encrypted Email welcome and encouraged.
War is Peace.  Freedom is Slavery.   Ignorance is Strength.       No?

Thread