1994-11-30 - Re: We are ALL guests (except Eric)

Header Data

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
To: cactus@bb.hks.net (L. Todd Masco)
Message Hash: 7734c60c2ac87cd2859ccc4445b7d66630705b06baa944e92d956e0e39543f25
Message ID: <199411302352.PAA03703@netcom10.netcom.com>
Reply To: <3bio0m$ojh@bb.hks.net>
UTC Datetime: 1994-11-30 23:52:09 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 30 Nov 94 15:52:09 PST

Raw message

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 94 15:52:09 PST
To: cactus@bb.hks.net (L. Todd Masco)
Subject: Re: We are ALL guests (except Eric)

L. Todd Masco writes
> On at least 3 of those lists, a list maintainer tried to take
> some arbitrary unilateral action and had to later back down because
> nobody was willing to put up with such shit.

Same thing happened when Coca Cola tried to change their formula:

Should we therefore conclude that Coke does not own coke?

I did not say "Eric owns the list, so there is no point
in discussing the matter."  In case you have not noticed
I have been arguing against the change.  What I implied is
that voting on it is absurd, and that arguing that Eric
is not entitled to do as he pleases is absurd.

We have the right to defend ourselves and our
property, because of the kind of animals that we        James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.            jamesd@acm.org

Thread