1994-11-19 - Re: I Like ASCII, not MIME and Other Fancy Crap

Header Data

From: merriman@metronet.com (David K. Merriman)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 78f597333e17c00202c3bf0a703e7f806d3deca7e08155dcddd34b71087fd221
Message ID: <199411191409.AA09593@metronet.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 19 Nov 94 06:09:10 PST

Raw message

From: merriman@metronet.com (David K. Merriman)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 94 06:09:10 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: I Like ASCII, not MIME and Other Fancy Crap

>>One last note: I read my mail on-line, interspersed with reading
>>NetNews. Although I have Eudora, and of course use it, I don't use it
>>for routine work (for one thing, it may take 20 minutes to download my
>>mail, so I tend to use it when I'm heading out to do something else,
>>or to go to sleep, etc.). So all the "solutions" that involve using
>>Eudora are not my cup of tea. That's just the way it is.
>
>Twenty minutes for your mail? How fast a modem do you use?

That, or how much email do you get? I can d/l the email I found this morning
(17 messages, mostly this list) in under 2 minutes.

>Let's take that poll of what people use. I am curious.

PC Eudora, Trumpet, the WS_* 'suite', Mosaic. Ran Chameleon for a while, but
got tired of GPFs, hiccups, etc - finally concluded that it ate dirt, and
scrammed it.

Dave Merriman
Finger merriman@metronet.com for PGP public key and fingerprint.
PGP encrypted Email welcome and encouraged.
War is Peace.  Freedom is Slavery.   Ignorance is Strength.       No?

Thread