1994-11-28 - Zimmerman interrogated

Header Data

From: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@stout.atd.ucar.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7b0f05575b6c5ba360dd5ef354d54af3e92df89f60355bd384237c40d7616916
Message ID: <199411281655.JAA26066@atd.atd.ucar.EDU>
Raw Date: Mon, 28 Nov 94 08:56:13 PST

Raw message

From: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@stout.atd.ucar.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 94 08:56:13 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Zimmerman interrogated

The sad thing is that what happened to Phil in customs is far from
exceptional.  A lot of us who went to Nicaragua in the early- to
mid-eighties found this out...  Thereafter, every time I came back into the
country from somewhere I would get pulled out, searched, my money counted,
and so on.  I got to where I would routinely schedule at least three hours
for my domestic connection.  After five years of "good behavior" this
stopped as abruptly as it began.  There are cases of people who had their
journals confiscated; these then later turned up in places like FBI files,
which is highly illegal.

jon

Thread