1994-11-23 - Re: White Knight Remailers

Header Data

From: Adam Shostack <adam@bwh.harvard.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7f8c262eda9f1098118fb6b34e2a0edbb9dc2e03529cb0d63cdaf6caf4f0078a
Message ID: <199411231239.HAA18665@hermes.bwh.harvard.edu>
Reply To: <199411230816.DAA00313@ducie.cs.umass.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-11-23 12:37:02 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 23 Nov 94 04:37:02 PST

Raw message

From: Adam Shostack <adam@bwh.harvard.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 94 04:37:02 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: White Knight Remailers

| Adam Shostack writes:
| [oddly, I never received the original copy of this; I seem to be missing
| list messages with increasing frequency recently :(  ]
| > Real remailers (with return address features) should probably
| > be advertised in alt.support.* and alt.recovery, in order to build a
| > class of "good" users for them. [...]

When I wrote this, I did not mean to claim that remailers w/o return
addresses are not real.  I meant to say that remailers that rely on
operator screning & approval of messages are not what I consider real
remailers.

Adam

						       -Hume

Thread