1994-11-25 - Re: New remailer concept

Header Data

From: rishab@dxm.ernet.in
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a2889b922b32ebc35f82f33ce635be20f523708341cbd9eb679419fe479ba1cb
Message ID: <gate.yk80Vc1w165w@dxm.ernet.in>
Raw Date: Fri, 25 Nov 94 12:46:48 PST

Raw message

From: rishab@dxm.ernet.in
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 94 12:46:48 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: New remailer concept

Jim Pinson <jpinson@fcdarwin.org.ec>:
> It occurs to me that most people have more to fear from their
> neighbors, than they do from the powerful TLA's.    Knowing that
> you are hunting for a new job is not important to the world at
> large, but could be embarrassing if your current employer found
> out.   Likewise, the people most interested in knowing about that
> sex list you subscribe to are your coworkers.

This is exactly the sort of thing I'd like. I asked about this earlier but
didn't get a very positive response. I haven't found a convenient way of using
existing CP remailer features to:
1. accept encrypted mail, decrypt it and forward plaintext
2. receive mail for my pseudonym, _encrypt_ it and forward it to me

Such a remailer with a simple interface would, in my opinion, be the ideal
'entry level' remailer for a wide audience.

(1) apparently can be managed, but I couldn't figure out a simple way to do
(2) with current remailers.
Rishab Aiyer Ghosh             "Clean the air! clean the sky! wash the wind!
rishab@dxm.ernet.in                   take stone from stone and wash them..."
rishab@arbornet.org
Voice/Fax/Data +91 11 6853410
Voicemail +91 11 3760335                 H 34C Saket, New Delhi 110017, INDIA

Thread