1994-11-30 - Re: Anarchists break rules, details at 11, was: The Market for Crypto–A Curmudgeon’s View

Header Data

From: eric@remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bfec1af6b5becf41cb607ff7f02ef38d5bed527a5ba37c088ae0104b1436a1fd
Message ID: <199411300747.XAA10467@largo.remailer.net>
Reply To: <53177.pfarrell@netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-11-30 06:48:06 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 29 Nov 94 22:48:06 PST

Raw message

From: eric@remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 94 22:48:06 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Anarchists break rules, details at 11, was: The Market for Crypto--A Curmudgeon's View

   From: "Pat Farrell" <pfarrell@netcom.com>

   A few days delay, which is what I think we are talking about, will clearly
   make following threads more difficult.

I wasn't thinking about days.  As far as specifics, I was thinking
about two or four hours to start with.

   And add to noise on the list,
   as the content of an early-non-signed message may be repeated and
   signed by someone else later on.

It may add noise at the beginning, certainly.  It may give rise to
some pause before sending off an unsigned message on a triviality, as
well.

   Whatcha trying to do, eric, lead that anarchists?

Herd cats.  Merely because it can be difficult does not mean it's
never worthwhile.

Eric

Thread