1994-11-28 - Re: PGP for VMS

Header Data

From: “Patrick J. Finerty Jr.” <pfinerty@seattleu.edu>
To: Joe Turner <turner@telecheck.com>
Message Hash: e4123e7adcc63b4841340758b0d180490b1b39055d6f4058948db634d4f0042c
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9411281145.A7908-0100000@bach.seattleu.edu>
Reply To: <9411281841.AA09575@TeleCheck.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-11-28 19:49:37 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 28 Nov 94 11:49:37 PST

Raw message

From: "Patrick J. Finerty Jr." <pfinerty@seattleu.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 94 11:49:37 PST
To: Joe Turner <turner@telecheck.com>
Subject: Re: PGP for VMS

i have successfully compiled pgp2.6.2, pgp2.5, pgp2.6.1 etc on a VAX.
there are some modifications that usually need to be made when building
rsaref (modifications to the rsabuild.com file i believe) that simply
comment out a couple lines that are not required to build pgp but that
are required to build the whole rsaref library.

i think the important lines to remove or comment out with a '!' are

$ call compile md2c
$ call compile md5c

please write if you need more assistance than this.

-pat finerty

I cannot fathom people who seem to insist on taking their doses of
reality rectally.
5150
pfinerty@bach.seattleu.edu
finerty@msscc.med.utah.edu		finger any acct. for pgp key
pfinerty@nyx10.cs.du.edu

On Mon, 28 Nov 1994, Joe Turner wrote:

> > Can anyone tell me where I can get a copy of
> > PGP for vms?  AXP or VAX.

> I have never gotten PGP to compile on either AXP or
> VAX.  I briefly glanced at the assembly language
> routines, but did little else since I had access
> to PCs and Alphas running OSF.

Thread