1994-12-24 - Re: Breaking into girlfriends files.

Header Data

From: klp@epx.cis.umn.edu
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 062e9b42813d4db0824d491beb67aa0529e552b4cd566feb70517af9907b8347
Message ID: <0012efc8c39013387@epx.cis.umn.edu>
Raw Date: Sat, 24 Dec 94 13:01:55 PST

Raw message

From: klp@epx.cis.umn.edu
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 94 13:01:55 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Breaking into girlfriends files.

Oddly enough, I'm on the other end of this situation right now with
someone I know. The basic facts are this person keeps a journal,
until recently on paper. Her husband got ahold of it and based on
some stuff she had written decided to cause a big fuss (not really
willing to go into the whole details, it's a loooong story).

So she burned the journal, and was bummed that she could no longer
keep one for fear of a repeat of the situation. Knowing she has
a macintosh at home, I mentioned PGP to her, and am in the process
of getting her set up with a copy. Of course I'm informing her of
the limitations, and such, so that she can take precautions so
that what she wishes to keep private can remain private.

Another crypto convert? I don't know. But I think she'll be ahead
of 98% of the population in that she has a tool to keep her privacy,
and she's fully aware of what it is, and the limitations.

And that's not a bad days work for this kid :)

--
Kevin Prigge                         internet: klp@epx.cis.umn.edu
CIS Consultant                      MaBellNet: (612)626-0001

Thread