1994-12-17 - Religous Repression

Header Data

From: cwalton@earthlink.net (Conrad Walton)
To: Cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0e33c10970cee35b1e20c40f56b5d50c98828547f2eef3e05da3391ae2e86978
Message ID: <v01510100ab18e20ee44c@[198.68.161.103]>
Raw Date: Sat, 17 Dec 94 11:07:14 PST

Raw message

From: cwalton@earthlink.net (Conrad Walton)
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 94 11:07:14 PST
To: Cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Religous Repression

A while ago, I too was flamed on this list. PMO (pissed me off). I'm
relativly new, having only been here a year and was afraid to post at
first. After getting flamed by the likes of perry, lucky and the 'old
gang', I too unsubscribed for a while.  TCMAY was the one of the few with a
voice of reason and rationality in the midst of the immature fire storm.
You can tell there's too many college pukes on this list.

Seems like any who dares to disagree with the "cpunkly correct" religion
around here gets flamed. For all the talk about "freedom", "privacy", and
"personal choice", there is is zero tolerance for difference of opinion on
this list. I'm tired of this religious repression here. If you don't agree
with the status quo, then you'll be flamed forever. (Maybe that's what the
bible means by the Lake of Fire.....) I still subscribe, but I sure delete
a lot of notes before reading them. You can be sure I will be doing that to
the flame I expect back from this note.

I was gonna write this a while back and figured it would do no good. It
still won't, but I'll feel better. Tim wrote a note recently about civility
and I was encouraged. Now, I'm just pissed. This doesn't apply to everyone,
but screw all you intolerant, narrow minded bigots.

There. I feel better now.

Conrad Walton                        cwalton@earthlink.net
Without JOY there can be no STRENGTH.
Without STRENGTH, all other VIRTUES are worthless.
                                                            Edward Abbey

Thread