1994-12-24 - Re: DDJ editorial

Header Data

From: Michael Handler <grendel@netaxs.com>
To: Harry Bartholomew <bart@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 17ed5b850ea38fb44a436247e04f62995a6a512cc329195096c8562bd7d732d6
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.941224110447.7727F-100000@unix1.netaxs.com>
Reply To: <199412241236.EAA13217@netcom14.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-24 16:05:15 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 24 Dec 94 08:05:15 PST

Raw message

From: Michael Handler <grendel@netaxs.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 94 08:05:15 PST
To: Harry Bartholomew <bart@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: DDJ editorial

On Sat, 24 Dec 1994, Harry Bartholomew wrote:

>     I think this sentence was missing a NOT:
>
>                                     If, as some claim and RSA disputes, the
>   code was reverse-engineered from object files in off-the-shelf software,
>   then the law was probably broken - unless RSA and other vendors decide to
>   test the strength of highly questionable and likely unenforceable
>   shrink-wrap licenses that try to prohibit disassembly/decompilation.

	No, that's correct as printed.

--
Michael Handler <grendel@netaxs.com>                        Philadelphia, PA
Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics           s.s.y.g-l-b co-moderator

Thread