1994-12-02 - Re: setting up an non remailer

Header Data

From: dfloyd@io.com
To: tjb@acpub.duke.edu (Thomas J. Bryce)
Message Hash: 523fc643772690d21bc5e5c0ce317147858cf124a7b3f54aa65435eda3c08432
Message ID: <199412020538.XAA14638@pentagon.io.com>
Reply To: <199412020500.AAA00872@carr2.acpub.duke.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-02 05:38:30 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 1 Dec 94 21:38:30 PST

Raw message

From: dfloyd@io.com
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 94 21:38:30 PST
To: tjb@acpub.duke.edu (Thomas J. Bryce)
Subject: Re: setting up an non remailer

> setting up an anon remailer
>
> To those who might know the answer....
>
> I'm running a power mac here, and I have an ethernet port and my own IP
> address. To do email, I telnet to my University's unix system.
>
> I was thinking, this sort of arrangement might allow me to set up an anon
> remailer. Does anyone know if I can do this? If the technology is available?
>
> If there is a way to do this from a macintosh, I'd like to give it a try.
> Of course, I would ask the sys admins if necessary for permission. (i.e.,
> if it can come straight to my IP address then it isn't necessary I assume).
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

I don't see any remailer scripts for Macs, but there is a way.  Get
Mach10 from Tenon Intersystems, which is a generic BSD UNIX, and
configure it to run a plain UNIX remailer.

Thread