1994-12-01 - Re: Warm, fuzzy, misleading feelings

Header Data

From: eric@remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 67d75df59b8788b7a48c4a2619bcd10e1a3766dfd868e9f49589c6bf817e48ba
Message ID: <199412012039.MAA13614@largo.remailer.net>
Reply To: <199412010805.AAA27330@netcom16.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-01 19:40:47 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 1 Dec 94 11:40:47 PST

Raw message

From: eric@remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 94 11:40:47 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Warm, fuzzy, misleading feelings

   From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)

   A checker that merely checks if a signature looks like
   a signature merely makes cryptography look stupid, like
   a power ranger suit.

Well, the message you posted doesn't look like a PGP signature.
It has similarities, but wouldn't pass the recognizer.

As I've said before, there is partial benefit to an incomplete
recognizer.  I do not want to abandon this benefit merely because
others are more difficult to obtain.

I don't understand why a recognizer set up at a single location makes
all cryptography look stupid.

Eric

Thread