1994-12-01 - Re: Brands excluded from digicash beta

Header Data

From: raph@netcom.com (Raph Levien)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 72275b138624655541ee43bdc2e35249ed66bcaa51394bfab2eaa45d22ca4a1c
Message ID: <199412012339.PAA10951@netcom17.netcom.com>
Reply To: <199412011627.IAA14481@jobe.shell.portal.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-01 23:40:23 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 1 Dec 94 15:40:23 PST

Raw message

From: raph@netcom.com (Raph Levien)
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 94 15:40:23 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Brands excluded from digicash beta

I also have had no luck getting a beta client from digicash. I
"registered" through their WWW forms page, and got no response for
about a month. Then they sent me mail saying that they would be
sending a client, but that they were unrolling it in stages. That was
about a month ago. Perhaps this means I will get my client soon.

This does not speak well for digicash. If they were not ready to beta
their stuff, they should not have announced it. As it is, it makes
them look like a flake.

BTW, I am beginning to amass NexusBucks. I would _really_ like to buy
something with them, just to prove their viability. They are
exchangable 1-for-1 for US$, but only in terms of services on Sameer's
system. If anyone has a t-shirt or somehting similar that they'd like
to sell, please let me know.

Perhaps we should make the Cypherpunks motto a bit less ambitious.
Instead of "Cypherpunks write code," how about merely "Cypherpunks use
tools."

Raph

Thread