1994-12-05 - Re: Oceania?

Header Data

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@osf.org>
To: owner-cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7546cc2b1517de536fd6c4e74d68f8af2ce4f10399f80ffe26e87a07b5ee5cd5
Message ID: <9412051833.AA13145@sulphur.osf.org>
Raw Date: Mon, 5 Dec 94 10:38:38 PST

Raw message

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@osf.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 94 10:38:38 PST
To: owner-cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Oceania?

>They find government by Singapore particularly comforting
>because Singapore has demonstrated expertise in minimizing
>the dangerous infection of freedom that accompanies
>capitalism.

Here's something kinda spooky.  An OSF staffer doing consulting with the
Singapore gov't was asking about how well the DCE security server scales.
They're starting a pilot program to make, from birth, every Singaporese
an entity known to their server.  Based on other questions, I gather the
DCE identity card will be used by all gov't services.
	/r$

Thread