1994-12-01 - Re: WHAT THE.. (was: Manditory key sig..

Header Data

From: eric@remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 819668c08ed6ddf24b81a34667dcf7fbd62ce8906f9e8f198efe663b93ca17ea
Message ID: <199412012107.NAA13695@largo.remailer.net>
Reply To: <Pine.3.87.9412010920.A18255-0100000@goshawk.csrv.uidaho.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-01 20:08:20 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 1 Dec 94 12:08:20 PST

Raw message

From: eric@remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 94 12:08:20 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: WHAT THE.. (was: Manditory key sig..

   From: Syed Yusuf <yusuf921@uidaho.edu>

   in all this discussion about how well it would work and ways around it,
   I think I've missed the problem that people are trying to solve.

I want more people to actually use cryptography.  I don't phrase it as
a problem, with it's implicit value judgement, but rather as what I want.

   isn't it ironic that privacy advocates are suggesting manditory
   loss of anonimity (which is what forced signing is).

The first appearance of a key is anonymous.  The second and later are
pseudonymous.  Even mandatory signing (which is not what is being
proposed) does not eliminate anonymity.

Eric

Thread