1994-12-28 - good blaze quote

Header Data

From: david.lloyd-jones@canrem.com (David Lloyd-Jones)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9723448b0bc3b684f6f9baf92cf07794963256a79512b12a7608054edf03a3f7
Message ID: <60.18078.6525.0C1C5F2F@canrem.com>
Reply To: <ab2461de0602100344da@[192.187.167.52]>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-28 18:18:50 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 28 Dec 94 10:18:50 PST

Raw message

From: david.lloyd-jones@canrem.com (David Lloyd-Jones)
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 94 10:18:50 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: good blaze quote

DD+I have a flawless philosophic/scientific model of reality.
  +Unfortunately, it's actual size.

So far you're doin' fine.

DD+>Cypherpunks write code, and design protocols, and analyze ciphers, and
  +>assess risks, and write articles, and attend conferences, and lobby
  +>Congress, and in general look at the world with a critical eye.

Actually real punks hack whole systems, so we go out and run Congress,
(me) or Japanese science (my ex-wife) or the CIA and State Department
in Africa (the woman I am about to marry).

Everything you say about writing code, designing protocols, analysing
ciphers and assessing risks (also writing articles and attending
conferences) is pretty much correct.  It also helps to sleep with the
right women at times, a point which seems to escape the essentially
male computer-freek culture.  Good table manners and a certain amount
of familiarity with other languages help; my next wife, for instance,
is only mine because I can say "ayin l'gazal", eyes like a gazelle's,
something I must have picked up while sussing out your local bunch of
AK-47 carrying terorists -- or half-starved recent Canadian immigrants,
whichever story you care to believe.

I have to leave now: I am about to be visited by my neighborhood
sociopath, a guy who works for Steve Wynn and all those folksin Las
Vegas.  He has a new and interesting story to tell me.  I've heard it
all before.

But it's going to be interesting to hear the latest version.

                                      -dlj.

david.lloyd-jones@canrem.com

 * 1st 1.11 #3818 * Who won't do the arithmetic will live by stupid policies.

Thread