1994-12-14 - Re: rad

Header Data

From: “Ian Farquhar” <ianf@sydney.sgi.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: aa9191cc6fc0b160d954c365aff75464b02c193791a09db5348586481958e2f5
Message ID: <9412150959.ZM11151@wiley.sydney.sgi.com>
Reply To: <9412142136.AA05403@komets.k12.cfa.org>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-14 23:07:47 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 14 Dec 94 15:07:47 PST

Raw message

From: "Ian Farquhar" <ianf@sydney.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 94 15:07:47 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: rad

On Dec 15,  8:45am, ndibble@komets.k12.cfa.org wrote:
> I wish the NSA executives would come out of the closet...

A couple of months ago there was some discussion of this on sci.crypt,
as it is widely known that most the the TLA's do have Internet feeds
nowadays.  The main reason why noone from the NSA comments is simply because
there is a perception that anything they say will be taken as NSA policy,
disclaimers notwithstanding.

Whether this would really happen is debatable, although my personal feeling
is that it probably would.  In an informational vacuum, people tend to jump
to all sorts of conclusions based on inadequate evidence, and this situation
would be no different.

						Ian.

Thread