1994-12-15 - Re: McCoy is Right! New Mail Format to Start Now.

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@imsi.com>
To: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Message Hash: bd1b5fa24d1cb817225bbb3d54054366144a72900f266b4193405cf1ddf9b323
Message ID: <9412152226.AA01486@snark.imsi.com>
Reply To: <199412152216.OAA19537@netcom10.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-15 22:26:43 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 15 Dec 94 14:26:43 PST

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@imsi.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 94 14:26:43 PST
To: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Subject: Re: McCoy is Right! New Mail Format to Start Now.

James A. Donald says:
> Perry E. Metzger writes
> > The point, Tim, is that you keep conflating a bad MIME reader that you
> > happen to use with the notion that MIME is bad.
>
> No two mimes seem to entirely agree what mime format is.

Well, the specification is pretty clear. Its pretty simple stuff,
actually, and remarkably well designed.

> I use Sun's stuff.  It is a pile of stinking shit.

When last I checked, Sun's "Mailtool" did not support MIME, but
supported a proprietary enclosure format. (This may have changed in
the Openwindows supplied with 2.4, but to my knowledge 2.4 only came
out weeks ago and it is unlikely that you are using it.)

Perry

Thread