1994-12-07 - backing ecash

Header Data

From: pstemari@fsp.fsp.com (Paul Ste. Marie)
To: alex@omaha.com
Message Hash: c55ebc6fea169701f986f23e124a181ec968e11603a0daf02c90c3c7a299d033
Message ID: <9412070347.AA11423@fsp.fsp.com>
Reply To: <199412050431.WAA00176@omaha.omaha.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-07 03:48:55 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 6 Dec 94 19:48:55 PST

Raw message

From: pstemari@fsp.fsp.com (Paul Ste. Marie)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 94 19:48:55 PST
To: alex@omaha.com
Subject: backing ecash

> Now obviously, things would work a lot more smoothly if you didn't need me
> or my digital currency exchange.  It would be nice if Bob and Alice could
> buy and sell edollars from their banks online.  But it's not essential.  I

Isn't there a problem with net-based distribution of ecash?  It would
seem that Eve could intercept the ecash and spend it first.  Encrypted
email return of the ecash would seem to violate the anonymity of the
ecash.  Some sort of one-time encrypted return address would seem to
be necessary, but better yet would be a vending machine that took a
floppy disk and some currency and stuck the ecash on the floppy.

	Paul

Thread