1994-12-16 - Re: Thoughts on 15 day CJ crypto

Header Data

From: “Amanda Walker” <amanda@intercon.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c754dd7bc6a93747c2dadc754c4712812b68eb2cb339ae269a325ca9378e1da4
Message ID: <9412161454.AA07036@chaos.intercon.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 16 Dec 94 11:52:57 PST

Raw message

From: "Amanda Walker" <amanda@intercon.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 94 11:52:57 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Thoughts on 15 day CJ crypto

> So it's possible the RSA requirement is in there to provide an
> assurance that the right key was selected.

I would be fairly surprised if this weren't the case, since it allows trial
decryption to be done completely without human intervention.  This would speed
up the cycle time (and reduce the resources needed) for decrypting intercepts,
with more reliability than a straight statistical check on the candidate
plaintext.

Amanda Walker
InterCon Systems Corporation

Thread