1994-12-23 - Re: Breaking into girlfriend’s files

Header Data

From: blancw@pylon.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: cbe966acfcae425b57a91f5e8959be617a5775080935d72b5dece6f1b1dfe2cd
Message ID: <199412231132.DAA06182@deepthought.pylon.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 23 Dec 94 03:31:52 PST

Raw message

From: blancw@pylon.com
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 94 03:31:52 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Breaking into girlfriend's files

Responding to msg by Mark Terka, who is having a bad crypto
day:

I don't recall seeing too much in the waqy of
condemnation of the guy that  posted RC4 to this list
..... but as soon as we see something that touches
close to home like male/female relationships, the shit
hits the fan!!!!!

Don't you distinguish between the evil that governments can do,
and the evil that female opponents in relationships (of dubious
merit) can achieve?   Are you proposing that some people make
it a policy to cheat on their friends, just as some governments
do, and should be dealt with in like manner, automatically and
without further consideration?   It were a wise & just
government, which could not distinguish between the good, the
bad, and the all rest.

And who appointed you the list censor, anyway?  If it makes
sense that a cypherpunk could provide instructions for breaking
a password, it also makes sense that they could choose to
withhold it.   After all, if they are smart enough to know how
to do this, they should also be capable of making a reasoned
decision about when it might be reprehensible   -  with or
without your approval.

   ..
Blanc

Thread