1994-12-09 - Re: crypto email to France

Header Data

From: farr@evtech.com (Rebecca Farr x260)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d7d6525ccd691437c9ea3560b0568b65344fb79c14170b456fb90b3c4a718ee1
Message ID: <9412092024.AA01150@chuckwala>
Raw Date: Fri, 9 Dec 94 12:22:37 PST

Raw message

From: farr@evtech.com (Rebecca Farr  x260)
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 94 12:22:37 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: crypto email to France

> Rebecca Farr said:
> > Does anyone here know any details or where I might find out more about
> > what, if anything, needs to be done to legally exchange encrypted email
> > with our office in Paris?
>
> It would be great if you could post a summary of the practical
> procedure, once you find out. It's nice to have (an approximation of)
> the legal text, but that's usually quite removed from the actual
> paperwork.
>
> Thanks,
> Pierre.
> pierre@shell.portal.com

Thank you, Pierre, and everyone else who has responded both privately
and through the cypherpunks mailing list.  I will post a summary of
the procedure and any other relevant information when I (finally!)
find out what that is.

Thanks also for the translation of the french law you posted.  Someone from
France had sent me the original, and while I can read it, this will
save me some work writing up a translation for our lawyer.

Best wishes to all,

Rebecca Farr
farr@evtech.com

Thread