1994-12-27 - Re: voice encryption for portable PCs

Header Data

From: nobody@jpunix.com (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e4205878b8a13d876349adb6e321596011cd2faf88082e1e1072b13d6c38ac68
Message ID: <199412271729.LAA04661@jpunix.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 27 Dec 94 09:30:12 PST

Raw message

From: nobody@jpunix.com (Anonymous)
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 94 09:30:12 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: voice encryption for portable PCs

an109574@anon.penet.fi wrote:

> I fully expect Phil's voice encryption software to become the de facto
> telephonic standard just as PGP became the Internet standard. Cogon's
> Aquafone, while commendable, has the disadvantage of employing DES.
> I presume Phil will select a more resilient conventional algorithm.

I don't see any reason to believe that triple DES is less secure than other
currently popular algorithms such as IDEA, although 3DES does require
somewhat more processor power.

Thread