1994-12-16 - Re: McCoy is Right! New Mail Format to Start Now.

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@imsi.com>
To: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: eeb55b6a50c356f2a453eac12417e9d71cbcf2823cf055b3a13a7f68bce5825f
Message ID: <9412161424.AA02172@snark.imsi.com>
Reply To: <199412160338.TAA26446@netcom10.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-16 14:25:43 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 16 Dec 94 06:25:43 PST

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@imsi.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 94 06:25:43 PST
To: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: McCoy is Right! New Mail Format to Start Now.

Timothy C. May says:
> My issue has not been with MIME as a transport mechanism, but
> non-ASCII content, which clearly most folks can't read.

Far from clear, Tim. Last time I checked, almost no one I communicated
with regularly was using a machine without a pixmapped display. That
means that all standing in the way of them being able to read
non-ascii is the right font sitting on disk, and a program that groks
it.

Perry

Thread