1994-12-01 - Re: Effects of Marking/Delaying Nonsigned Posts

Header Data

From: eric@remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f3eb11f0637f015e302d572b7fabaca1c07eb5ce747a4f8e0ffda0f0827b43a2
Message ID: <199412010320.TAA12195@largo.remailer.net>
Reply To: <ab029f8a0b0210040116@[130.214.233.17]>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-01 02:21:34 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 30 Nov 94 18:21:34 PST

Raw message

From: eric@remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 94 18:21:34 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Effects of Marking/Delaying Nonsigned Posts

   From: jamiel@sybase.com (Jamie Lawrence)

   Multiply that by a possible 25% (arbitrary) of the list being delayed [...]

This afternoon I considered starting the initial delay at one minute
and incrementing the delay by one minute each time a message gets
delayed.  Perhaps the increment would be 15 or 30 seconds--whatever.
The point is that the delay would ease in slowly and folks would get a
chance to adjust.

   >Having notification that a message wasn't signed was never presented
   >as one of the purposes of the proposal.

   My mistake then, I thought you had proposed marking messages as unsigned
   as an intermediate step.

I had proposed marking them, true, though not as notification, but
rather as automated commentary.  Notification is a (trivial and
useless) effect of the measure, but not its purpose.

Eric

Thread