1994-12-21 - FW: Opportunity: Software Engineer with TIA Development Team

Header Data

From: Johnathan Corgan <jcorgan@netcom.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f54e6ea21ad0d5f3da39c0fc160971b8adc6b1eb19a89c29fbb64a737fd97ff3
Message ID: <Chameleon.4.00.2.941220193703.jcorgan@.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 20 Dec 94 19:38:58 PST

Raw message

From: Johnathan Corgan <jcorgan@netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 94 19:38:58 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: FW: Opportunity: Software Engineer with TIA Development Team

Just an FYI for anyone out there:

On Tue, 20 Dec 1994 14:47:34 -0700  Andrew Currie wrote:
>Cyberspace Development, Inc. (CSD) has an immediate opening
>for an experienced C/C++, UNIX, TCP/IP software developer to
>join our TIA product development team. Responsibilities will
>include design & development of new features, customization,
>optimization, porting to new platforms, and maintenance.
>This developer will also be involved in future CSD products
>and online services beyond TIA.
>
>TIA, or The Internet Adapter (tm), is a commercial software product
>sold over the Internet that emulates a SLIP (and soon PPP) connection
>on a standard Internet shell account. (For complete info on TIA
>and more info on CSD please visit our site at http://marketplace.com/
>or send email to tia-info@marketplace.com.)
>
>Technical Skill Requirements
>----------------------------
>* Excellent C and C++ programming skills
>* Experience with TCP/IP programming
>* Experience with serial communications programming
>* Detailed knowledge of PPP
>* Development experience with several UNIX environments
>* Deep knowledge, wide experience, and interest in Internet technology
>
>Other Requirements
>------------------
>* Strong commitment to customer satisfaction
>* Flexible & adaptable; with a proven ability to learn quickly
>* Willing to take responsibility & "ownership" of a problem till solved
>* Self-starter with strong work ethics (dependable)
>* Team Player - enjoy working in concert w/sales, marketing & tech support
>* Provide your own office with phone, machine, & Net connection
>
>Definite Plus:
>---------------
>* Already aware of, understand, (and use) TIA daily
>* Located in or near Boulder, CO or Seattle, WA
>* Previous experience with commercial product development
>* Experience in the online services industry or another start-up
>* SQL and relational or object-oriented DBMS experience
>* PERL, csh, CGI, or HTML scripting experience
>* Add'l experience with one or more: Mac, Windows, DOS, VMS development
>
>Compensation
>------------
>* Negotiable depending on education, work experience, and "fit".
>* Developer will start as a contractor so we both have a "dating period".
>* We are open to profit-sharing as part of the compensation package
>
>Schedule
>--------
>* Start immediately (or by 1/31/95 at the latest)
>
>If this opportunity sounds like a match with your skills & interests
>then please send the following info in ASCII format:
>
>o Detailed response to each bullet item above (with examples please)
>o Current resume
>o 3 recent references relevant to both technical skills & work style
>o The compensation you suggest
>o Earliest date you could start
>o Any questions/issues you have
>
>as soon as possible to: Opportunity@MarketPlace.com
>
>Thank you for your time and attention. Please forward this post to
> [...]

Johnathan Corgan       "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent"
jcorgan@netcom.com                       -Isaac Asimov
PGP Public Key:        http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~bal/pks-toplev.html
Or send email to:      pgp-public-keys@pgp.ai.mit.edu Subj: GET jcorgan