1995-01-27 - I Apologise for explosive vomiting.

Header Data

From: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@netcom.com>
To: joshua geller <joshua@alkahest.retix.com>
Message Hash: 0c678849cbe8a7175411e80b3430c2e2e4e5f8a6223d25a5f906c3b1e842905a
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9501271305.A21879-0100000@netcom10>
Reply To: <199501270601.WAA02306@alkahest.isas.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-27 21:34:39 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 27 Jan 95 13:34:39 PST

Raw message

From: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 95 13:34:39 PST
To: joshua geller <joshua@alkahest.retix.com>
Subject: I Apologise for explosive vomiting.

Sorry:  I got flamed for laughing at Perry's rather silly statement
that unix is as easy as DOS.

They asked me to produce evidence.

Since I was working on my unix Sun Sparc Station 20 at the
time  (with extreme reluctance), and I had just used
what unix folk humorously call their command line editor,
so I suffered from explosive vomiting, and vomited all over
the cypherpunks mailing list.

After the first bout of explosive vomit, I returned to work, whereupon
the unix "High Performance" files system lost one of my files,
producing the second round of explosive vomit.

We have the right to defend ourselves     |   http://www.catalog.com/jamesd/
and our property, because of the kind     |
of animals that we are. True law          |   James A. Donald
derives from this right, not from the     |
arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.  |   jamesd@netcom.com

Thread