1995-01-03 - Re: Press attack on anonymity.

Header Data

From: Mats Bergstrom <asgaard@sos.sll.se>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0d415a84663b312458f9d31131d49ed2983668d8e6c964cef8e7614165ebe97f
Message ID: <Pine.HPP.3.91.950103194933.7114A-100000@cor.sos.sll.se>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9501030943.A4287-0100000@netcom10>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-03 19:05:37 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 3 Jan 95 11:05:37 PST

Raw message

From: Mats Bergstrom <asgaard@sos.sll.se>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 95 11:05:37 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Press attack on anonymity.

James A. Donald wrote:

> higher authority of which I spoke earlier -- who is
> anonymously attacking anonymity.

> the government speaking  -- a government department with guns is
> running up a trial balloon.

Expected and hardly anything to go into public dispute about.
Cypherpunks are here to circumvent the measures of various
governments by technical means. Since Joe User doesn't really
care if he can connect anonymously or not, at least not yet,
they might very well succeed in making some aspects of anonymity
'illegal'. But who cares, if anonymous agents can't be traced?

Mats

Thread