1995-01-31 - Re: LOCKSMITH’S GUILD WANTS L

Header Data

From: rarachel@prism.poly.edu (Arsen Ray Arachelian)
To: doumakes@netcom.com (Don Doumakes)
Message Hash: 108c2ad85c58ddb2bfcf00d53f49e05b9b9b0b8d84752145deb3baf49ab80f19
Message ID: <9501312119.AA03964@prism.poly.edu>
Reply To: <199501270505.VAA13738@netcom16.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-31 21:34:45 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 31 Jan 95 13:34:45 PST

Raw message

From: rarachel@prism.poly.edu (Arsen Ray Arachelian)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 95 13:34:45 PST
To: doumakes@netcom.com (Don Doumakes)
Subject: Re: LOCKSMITH'S GUILD WANTS L

> Internet, nobody knows you're a quack."  I just see it as something to
> endure, rather than something to applaud.

Not quite.  If the socieities or guilds in question were to wake up to the
threat, they could easily have whatever institution issued certificates of
passing/degrees/etc. and sign them with their keys.   The licensee would
then attach his e-diploma to his .plan file for anyone to finger and verify
the signature.

So, there, on the internet, being a quack and getting away with it doesn't
have to happen. :-)

Thread