1995-01-23 - Re: Anti-porn conference in Manila

Header Data

From: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@netcom.com>
To: Dave Horsfall <dave@esi.COM.AU>
Message Hash: 26d9d0031730bdca81a3b1f7dbf1660a74c8e9d28b1a9cd9332c826ebca125fd
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9501222311.A9801-0100000@netcom19>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.950123170842.21383B-100000@eram.esi.com.au>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-23 08:15:41 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 23 Jan 95 00:15:41 PST

Raw message

From: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 95 00:15:41 PST
To: Dave Horsfall <dave@esi.COM.AU>
Subject: Re: Anti-porn conference in Manila

On Mon, 23 Jan 1995, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> Date: Mon, 23 Jan 1995 17:11:20 +1100 (EST)
> From: Dave Horsfall <dave@esi.COM.AU>
> To: cypherpunks@toad.com
> Subject: Re: Anti-porn conference in Manila
>
> On Sun, 22 Jan 1995, James A. Donald wrote:
>
> > Both Australia and England have government established
> > religions, so I expect there was a major turn out from
> > those two nations.
>
> An extract from the Australian Constitution:
>
> 116. The Commonwealth shall not make any law for establishing any
> religion, or for imposing any religious observance, or for prohibiting the
> free exercise of any religion, and no religious test shall be required as
> a qualification for any office or public trust under the Commonwealth.
>
> Do please explain.

Church of England in Australia was, and I believe still is, government
funded by the Australian government.

Furthermore when my kids went to government school in NSW, Australia,
they were taught Church of England religion by my neighbor, Mrs Law,
in school, in the classroom.

If it quacks like a duck ...

I was unaware of the portion of the constitution that you mention.

I suspect that the government and the church are none to clear on it
either.

We have the right to defend ourselves     |   http://www.catalog.com/jamesd/
and our property, because of the kind     |
of animals that we are. True law          |   James A. Donald
derives from this right, not from the     |
arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.  |   jamesd@netcom.com

Thread