1995-01-16 - Re: Jude Milhon in WIRED

Header Data

From: “A.J. Janschewitz” <aj@pcnet.com>
To: rishab@dxm.ernet.in
Message Hash: 3d821f22c4ef42f11dcb4a8719bec9336555194eccd62018734e01b66da76ebe
Message ID: <Pine.3.88.9501151917.A8096-0100000@pcnet1.pcnet.com>
Reply To: <gate.J1PZyc1w165w@dxm.ernet.in>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-16 01:00:00 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 15 Jan 95 17:00:00 PST

Raw message

From: "A.J. Janschewitz" <aj@pcnet.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 95 17:00:00 PST
To: rishab@dxm.ernet.in
Subject: Re: Jude Milhon in WIRED

On Sun, 15 Jan 1995 rishab@dxm.ernet.in wrote:

> WIRED 3.02 (February) interviews Jude Milhon (St. Jude) who "is a charter
> member of the cypherpunks - a term that she coined." I didn't even know there
> _was_ a charter. The interview as such is mainly about why "girls _need_
> modems."

WiReD. What a waste of pulp; worse, what a waste of potential. A magazine
that could have held the hands of aol novices and led them into the real
net.world, and promoted freenets, and demonstrated the need for
cryptosystems, and challenged the minds of net citizens decided to take
the low road and become "USA Today" (for cypherpunks abroad, "USA-T" is a
`newspaper' that looks like a big comic book, and doesn't trouble its
readers with many syllables ... rather like Prodigy ...).

==a.j.==

--
  "The large print giveth and the small print taketh away." - Tom Waits

Thread