1995-01-10 - Pornography, What is it?

Header Data

From: root <root@einstein.ssz.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 44dcbc52acd152d261f0907ccb0b9e83e89be99211105df35889f586ed54273d
Message ID: <199501100141.TAA00216@einstein.ssz.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 9 Jan 95 17:44:27 PST

Raw message

From: root <root@einstein.ssz.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 95 17:44:27 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Pornography, What is it?

From: ravage@bga.com
  To: cpunks the world over

Hi all,

I am very interested in the data haven issue now that I have my site up. The
aspect of pornography is a problem that has to be faced. To this end, I would
like to ask that we look at how pornography is defined.

From my own view, I fail to see any way to truly define pornography as
anything other than the ravings of a neurotic (both on a personal and
a societal level). Every example of pornography I have seen has been put
in that category because it contravenes some personal or group taboo.

Take care.

Thread