1995-01-06 - Re: Siegel and Lewis

Header Data

From: Dan Harmon <harmon@tenet.edu>
To: Doug Barnes <db@Tadpole.COM>
Message Hash: 49996a8136c103384df1c38c50f0f70bdbcf7b41c40ba60260264194e2f7c03a
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9501060003.C6821-0100000@Joyce-Perkins.tenet.edu>
Reply To: <9501041424.AA25564@tadpole.tadpole.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-06 07:11:22 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 5 Jan 95 23:11:22 PST

Raw message

From: Dan Harmon <harmon@tenet.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 95 23:11:22 PST
To: Doug Barnes <db@Tadpole.COM>
Subject: Re: Siegel and Lewis

On Wed, 4 Jan 1995, Doug Barnes wrote:

> Why is it that so many cypherpunks like the economist?
>
> I learned recently that Eric is a big fan. So am I. You're certainly
> not the first other cypherpunk to mention this. Weird. I mean, it's
> not exactly a radical publication... it just gets its *&#$*#$ facts
> right. Probably this is it.
>
> Doug

The reason is, and I do not presume to speak for other individuals on
this list, the Economist looks at the world from an independent (i.e. not
owned by one of the major publishing houses, if I'm not mistaken) point
of view, and is not afraid to pursue different analysis of a topic.

I will also venture that the closest that we have in the US is Forbes.

Dan

Thread