1995-01-31 - nullWhat’s Killing My Remailed Posts?

Header Data

From: nobody@rebma.rebma.mn.org
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5680c3fc712166b6813305d1b444c8000529d0d2ee563b818f985d8eb4cffacd
Message ID: <199501311018.EAA01333@rebma.rebma.mn.org>
Raw Date: Tue, 31 Jan 95 01:56:20 PST

Raw message

From: nobody@rebma.rebma.mn.org
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 95 01:56:20 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: nullWhat's Killing My Remailed Posts?

[Please  Reply-To: an105@vox.xs4all.nl  as I am not receiving the group
or list on which this message _hopefully_ appears.  Thanks!]

Though I have been vigorously using the various remailers for a long
time, I am stumped by my sudden inability to get a post to a newsgroup
by any remailed means.  Example:  For a long time I have used the
following boilerplate form with usura@replay.com with flawless results:

::
Encrypted: PGP

::
Anon-To: my.anon.address@somewhere.org
Cutmarks: *

| Message Successfully Remailed, # 999

*
::
Anon-To: mail2news@demon.co.uk
Cutmarks: ___
Latent-Time: +6:00r

##
Newsgroups: alt.some.group,misc.another.group
Subject: Furballs in Wolverines

My wolverine has nasty furballs...
[...]
My wolverine thanks you all for suggestions...
___

The current status of this is that I get the remailed receipt, but the
message never shows in the group.  Is mail2news@demon.co.uk down?

I tried using the Usura Anon-Post-To: feature, but it fails as well.

I've tried using _other_ remailers with the simple form...

        Anon-To: alt.some.group@comlab.ox.ac.uk
        Anon-To: alt.some.group.usenet@decwrl.dec.com
        Anon-To: alt.some.group@bull.com

I've also tried Request-Remailing-To: with the same address form.  Nada.

I have been unable to make any of the usual remailers get through to the
groups by any means for about three weeks, though evidence shows that
the remailers are certainly getting the messages, as I can send anon
netmail messages - - - the _posts_ just never show.

I periodically suspect that someone somewhere is running a program to
sweep all posts with "remail," "nobody" or "anon" anywhere in the
header.

Any thoughts on this...assuming it shows here?

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12

Thread