1995-01-11 - FBI and BLACKNET

Header Data

From: Syed Yusuf <yusuf921@uidaho.edu>
To: Cypherpunks <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 6c2ed3442d47ee7323b2124ac1b417ad777e7230b2dead3218b0d56cfd55e04e
Message ID: <Pine.HPP.3.91.950110164606.5992B-100000@goshawk.csrv.uidaho.edu>
Raw Date: Tue, 10 Jan 95 17:04:20 PST

Raw message

From: Syed Yusuf <yusuf921@uidaho.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 95 17:04:20 PST
To: Cypherpunks <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: FBI and BLACKNET

  I was just visited by the a humble servant of the FBI
inquireing what I knew of BLACKNET. They apparently believe it's
a possible network industrial sabbatoge (read Terrorism).

Although the person I spoke to was quite cordial and even bought me
lunch (that's the way to win me over) I must really question
the intellegence (read IQ) and intellagence (read reconnasance)
of his superiors.

apparently whoever sent him his lead doesn't pay attention to the net
enough to know Blacknet was a hoax, and why did it take since august
for them to find me?

I explained to him the differece between a Cyperpunk and a hacker
explained what a joke it is to be prosicuting Mr. Zimmerman
and why the Government is in the wrong for trying to limit encrytion
strenght. Then I demonstrated the Internet and how to e-mail the prez
and FTP speaches of the Prez :)

(I know I know, act stupid so they volentere as much info as possible,
he let too many things slip, but still If I had his job I'd be following
up things like this too)

--Syed Yusuf
(Cypherpunk and proud of it damnit!)

Thread