1995-01-05 - Re: good news about the EFF…

Header Data

From: Aron Freed <s009amf@discover.wright.edu>
To: Jonathan Rochkind <jrochkin@cs.oberlin.edu>
Message Hash: 6dee550f60b0ae60457ed4226395e42bd55a966495201fd9e75aaa4bac42f748
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.950104232756.9001A-100000@discover>
Reply To: <ab30fe08050210045295@[132.162.201.201]>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-05 04:30:14 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 4 Jan 95 20:30:14 PST

Raw message

From: Aron Freed <s009amf@discover.wright.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 95 20:30:14 PST
To: Jonathan Rochkind <jrochkin@cs.oberlin.edu>
Subject: Re: good news about the EFF...

On Wed, 4 Jan 1995, Jonathan Rochkind wrote:
> which admittedly could be a problem, but presumably if it is then some of
> the organizations will just drop out. *shrug*  But in general,
> decentralization is good, right?  I'd rather have 5 organizations defending
> electronic rights then just one, when we know all too well how possible it
> is for that just one to negotiate a compromise that seems more like a
> betrayal.  The more active, funded organizations, the more it appears to
> legislators like people are really concerned about this stuff, and the
> safer we are against point-failure.  Decentralize, distribute, good.  :)
>
> [Of course it remains to be seen if so many organizations at once can
> remain active and well funded.]

A good point, but I was just trying to make the point of too many
organizations becomes very silly....

But thanks for pointing out the other extereme...

| A(a)ron M. Freed            | It is naive to believe people are honest. |
| s009amf@discover.wright.edu | It is naive to believe programmers are    |
| (513)276-3817 (voice)       | honest. It is even more naive to believe  |
| (513)276-4158 (data/fax)    | the government is honest. Down with Big   |
|			      | Brother.		                  |

Thread