1995-01-12 - Re: Microsoft TrueName (tm) (fwd)

Header Data

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
To: NetSurfer <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7148ad9b3518f806bee4ca2354ce624e54c45312e7746ea6edca9b7c8540e9ed
Message ID: <v01510104ab3b6305a759@DialupEudora>
Raw Date: Thu, 12 Jan 95 15:30:08 PST

Raw message

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 95 15:30:08 PST
To: NetSurfer <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Microsoft TrueName (tm) (fwd)

At 11:23 AM 1/12/95, NetSurfer wrote:

>I wondered why one of the few registered hosts for Microsoft were called
>"Bob" - now it makes sense.  (But they've got a good sized chunk of
>netblks registered...)

Funny thing happened to me last night. I was talking to a guy who had seen
Fidelity's new WWW server (shhh! don't tell!) and it turns out he was the
guy who actually *had* bob.com. A third party approached him and asked him
if he wanted to sell the domain name. He did. He picked another domain
name, and last week someone called him if he wanted to sell his *new*
domain name. He said no, and they asked him if he would *rent* it to
them...

Go figure.

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Eric, what'll you take for "remailer.net"? ;-).

Robert Hettinga  (rah@shipwright.com) "There is no difference between someone
Shipwright Development Corporation     who eats too little and sees Heaven and
44 Farquhar Street                       someone who drinks too much and sees
Boston, MA 02331 USA                       snakes." -- Bertrand Russell
(617) 323-7923

Thread