1995-01-28 - Re: Clinton freezes U.S. assets of Mideast groups

Header Data

From: storm@marlin.ssnet.com (Don Melvin)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 72d457d3742f18c8892f5782fda8e10a63dc6a5298e4640e1c94c0c54e77b8aa
Message ID: <rRPAlKJXY5f9078yn@ssnet.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9501241122.A12422-0100000@netcom10>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-28 01:21:25 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 27 Jan 95 17:21:25 PST

Raw message

From: storm@marlin.ssnet.com (Don Melvin)
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 95 17:21:25 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Clinton freezes U.S. assets of Mideast groups

In article <Pine.3.89.9501241122.A12422-0100000@netcom10>,
"James A. Donald" <jamesd@netcom.com> wrote:

> At present it seems to me that unix machines on the internet
> are intrinsicly insecure -- the methods used to secure them
> are a collection of ad hoc patches.  For example all
> unix machines are vulnerable to the trojan
> horse attack.

Actually, I don't believe that HFS's B3 Unix is vulnerable to this.
And I understand that it is not available in a shrinkwrap version
for the '486.  I do not know if it is a restricted purchase item,
though.  I know it can't be exported with out license.

On the other hand, it's also multi-K$. :-(

> (I expect the usual flame from Perry that I am stupifyingly
> ignorant and that that is all fixed or will be shortly
> -- no Perry it is not all fixed -- it cannot be fixed.
> The necessary fixes have to be designed in at the
> beginning.)

True.  But they did build it in from the beginning. :-)

--
America - a country so rich and so strong we can reward the lazy
          and punish the productive and still survive (so far)

Don Melvin                  storm@ssnet.com                finger for PGP key.

Thread