1995-01-30 - Smart Card architecture

Header Data

From: Eric Blossom <eb@comsec.com>
To: jcorgan@aeinet.com
Message Hash: 7871f7f17235bf8470ae7bd081c060852e0f82a5928cb70b53310d4c726eacb9
Message ID: <199501302138.NAA00348@comsec.com>
Reply To: <Chameleon.4.01.950129222758.jcorgan@comet.aeinet.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-30 21:59:34 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 30 Jan 95 13:59:34 PST

Raw message

From: Eric Blossom <eb@comsec.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 95 13:59:34 PST
To: jcorgan@aeinet.com
Subject: Smart Card architecture

Johnathan Corgan <jcorgan@aeinet.com> writes:
> I've been searching around the 'net looking for online references to
> the actual protocols and methods used in smart card user authentication,
> but have found very little.  I understand from reading Schneier that

There is a group of people working on a set of defacto standards for
interfacing to smart tokens.  The idea is to come up with an API that
is mostly vendor and technology independent.  The "standard" will be
published as PKCS #11 when its ready, and is known as "cryptoki",
pronounced crypto-key.  (Cryptographic Token Interface, I think...)

I think that you can find a draft copy somewhere on ftp.rsa.com under
pkcs-11 or pkcs-11-dev.  There's also a mailing list. Send subscribe
request to pkcs-11-dev-request@rsa.com

Eric Blossom

Thread