1995-01-30 - Re: Telnet Acrobatics

Header Data

From: Matthew J Ghio <mg5n+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 876514a7622838eeedc2fd6cfc2bc337a0e4bc7165f2d5701ca2dc4d39619ede
Message ID: <Qj=3ONS00VolECjl4T@andrew.cmu.edu>
Reply To: <199501300002.TAA29052@crypto.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-30 00:47:19 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 29 Jan 95 16:47:19 PST

Raw message

From: Matthew J Ghio <mg5n+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 95 16:47:19 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Telnet Acrobatics

> This is really funny - these programs are almost *exactly* the first
> assignment in the computer networks class that I taught at Columbia
> last Spring.

These programs are pretty much textbook examples of socket usage, so
it's not too surprising, but that is kindof funny.  I doubt they were
actually copied out of a textbook; as they both had bugs in them, but I
think I have most of the bugs fixed now.  One that I didn't see earlier
when I posted that is that the select loop is missing an
if(FD_ISSET(fd,&readfds)....  It works without it, but not smoothly.  I
found these posted to alt.2600 last summer and they've been sitting on
my hard disk until this weekend when I pulled them out and started
playing with them.

Did any of your students try for the extra credit and add encryption?

Thread