1995-01-24 - Re: The Remailer Crisis

Header Data

From: root <root@einstein.ssz.com>
To: eric@remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
Message Hash: 8e9e27df341e50e9b74057dd431730c25cf5c21f62b2ee7dc0aa6522e98abde9
Message ID: <199501241215.GAA00443@einstein.ssz.com>
Reply To: <199501240400.UAA20706@largo.remailer.net>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-24 12:26:42 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 24 Jan 95 04:26:42 PST

Raw message

From: root <root@einstein.ssz.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 95 04:26:42 PST
To: eric@remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
Subject: Re: The Remailer Crisis

> And if get someone to do secondary MX for you that _is_ fulltime
> connected, then the only latency for mail is the poll time.  If you're
> on an ISDN line, for example, you can get online and poll every five
> minutes for ten seconds at a time (ten seconds only when there's no
> mail), cutting down line charges for fulltime _idle_ connectivity by a
> factor of thirty.  Not all that expensive at all, really.
>
> Eric

Exactly how does this work at your location Eric? Here in Southwestern Bell
we don't use the D except for call initiation and termination. There is no
useage tarriff other than this. Hence, we have no idle charge. My bill runs
a flat $72 and some change each month.

Take care.

Thread