1995-01-26 - Reordering, not Latency (Was: Re: Remailer)

Header Data

From: Michael Handler <grendel@netaxs.com>
To: Cypherpeople <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 8f838bd630ad4eaac5c7703aafa0ba3d1d88f5ec790e9a80161c447cf5ae5f01
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.950125210658.29117A-100000@unix2.netaxs.com>
Reply To: <199501252158.NAA12786@jobe.shell.portal.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-26 02:11:01 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 25 Jan 95 18:11:01 PST

Raw message

From: Michael Handler <grendel@netaxs.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 95 18:11:01 PST
To: Cypherpeople <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Reordering, not Latency (Was: Re: Remailer)

On Wed, 25 Jan 1995 Louis Cypher wrote:

> In recent discussions, the consensus
> was that message reordering was superior to (and the actual intent of)
> latency.  Reordering is not sufficient, a form of latency is required
> to make it effective.

	I have literally hundreds of messages archived from the CP list of
several months back where Eric Hughes repeatedly states that reordering,
not latency, is the key. Reordering of a sufficient magnitude will
introduce latency inherently. Otherwise you are still vulnerable to
traffic analysis (which is an art, not a science, remember).

--
Michael Handler                                         <grendel@netaxs.com>
Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics                   Philadelphia, PA

Thread